Saturday, July 16, 2005

When I got to the Paramount tonight, Le Tigre was a song or so into their set, and they were rocking the fucking house. I was still a little hesitant about going it alone, but the vibe was great and so I went for it.

A man and his boyfriend took me under their wing, making sure I could see, after looking me up and down and stating, "You should have worn your platforms today, honey." (I had on the same shoes as half the audience. You know what shoes you wear to a Beck show in Seattle? You wear Chucks.) As soon as the first song hit, the crowd went completely insane. Everyone was thrilled to be there, and they were all dancing like nobody's business.
About halfway through the show, when he broke into "Loser," the people in my immediate vicinity were so overwhelmed that there was a spontaneous group hug. Seriously.
I cannot even express how splendid the show was. I'm very glad that I made myself go.

You know, I want to marry a man like Beck, quirky and a little strange. Beck would have no trouble renaming my toaster oven three times a week. He would wear orange tuxedos and make forts on my balcony and thumb wrestle until dawn, and none of it would seem even a little bit out of the ordinary. And that's as it should be.

No comments: