Monday, August 11, 2008

I am a girl who has very vivid, technicolor, fragrant, memorable dreams. Frequently recurring dreams, one about trying to save a penguin from a group of rabbits at a drive in movie who want to hurt the penguin for inexplicable reasons. The first thing I think every morning is, well, that was strange. Sometimes I have bad dreams that stop and start, and if I wake up four or five times trying to escape one my brain puts it on pause so it's right there when I go back to sleep. Like I was watching a movie and got up to go to the bathroom, and my head didn't want me to miss the best part. (The good ones, though, I can never get back in to those.)

But lately it's like the gnome that runs those films took a class on how to keep me awake or scary dreaming all night long. I think that gnome is planning to take over my body once it's got me completely exhausted. Last night I woke from something that still smelled so bad when I was awake that it made me throw up. And there was one about pulling something wriggling under my skin out through an open wound that still makes me shiver because I can still feel it, moving so quickly, fighting being removed. It's like Coleridge and Bosch got together and did some drugs and decided to make a movie with Rob Zombie, inside my skull. I don't like this at all.

No comments: