Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bumbershoot weekend starts...well, I guess it actually started Thursday night, with the first of two "industry events." I feel like Bumbershoot is getting to be like Christmas, where it creeps up earlier and earlier, and industry things are usually like dating a guy who wants to talk all about his car. These ones haven't been so bad, and really, I'm behind anything that involves free food and drinks and a kazoo.

But it actually starts today, and I'll be down there as soon as I finish these waffles and get dressed, scampering for the next couple of days between various back stages and beer gardens, high fiving and plotting to kidnap the cutest boys in order to have my own indie rock harem. We're going to try and use the press room as it's intended, for more than clean bathrooms and water, and fire off dispatches as we go along rather than trying to sum everything up at the end of the weekend. If you want to know things like which band has the most enthusiastic tambourining or worst teenage crowdsurfing, I'll be over at Metblogs.

No comments: