Wednesday, April 02, 2008

If you've been hanging around these parts for a while--or, you poor child, hung out with me outside of here--the chances are good that you've heard about the famous Steph and Ryan. I adopted them a few years ago in that annoying way I have, where I decide that people are going to be my friend sort of where they want to or not. Fortunately, I'm a total genius, and it worked out really well.

In the last couple of years we've taken day trips and had fauxbecues and barbecues and adventures and beer festivals. We spent a lot of time singing along really badly to Bon Jovi, they got married, we've had Christmases and Thanksgivings. Steph has been my emergency contact, Ryan my pretend brother, and they've met every boy I've dated more than twice. They've been my family.

The point of all of this is that while I'm in Italy, they'll be moving back to Pennsylvania. They'll be having a great big adventure beforehand, hiking the Appalachian Trail for a whole mess of miles, and it's good for them. That's where their family and most of their friends are. But I'm going to miss them. Moving sucks. Of course, we will always have Bon Jovi.

No comments: