Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I came home this afternoon and took the best shower and nap of my life, did some laundry, and now I am looking forward to putting on some clean clothes and having some whiskey and grilled cheese with my friends.

I had a beautiful last day in Sorrento, sitting on benches overlooking views and eating gelato and oranges. I'm glad that I decided not to take a bus up Amalfi because, while I imagine it is splendid, I didn't want to spend my last day sitting on a bus. I wanted to spend it drinking limoncello and strolling slowly in the sun, and that's exactly what I did. I'll go back for Amalfi some day.

I couldn't get an earlier flight out of Rome, but decided against going back into town. I didn't want Rome to be my last city in Italy--I wanted to stick with lazy Sorrento and the slow train out of Naples. So I stayed in the airport for hours. It felt like the trip had made me invisible, and it made sense to end it in a nowhere place.

I'm slowly posting the pictures, but I have gotten only as far as Rome.

No comments: