Saturday, May 28, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh, old times.

It took no time at all--about fifteen minutes--before I was wandering around outside barefoot, just like always.

I went to take a shower Thursday night, to wash off the travel stains. I pulled back the shower curtain and there, on the bottom of the tub, was a great big dead cockroach. I suppose it's just a lucky thing that it was already dead. There wasn't anyone around to save me from a live one.

That girl up there in the pink? She's the bride, and my old college roomie. I met Amanda in our Freshman english class. The blonde girl? Is Bethany, who was Amanda's friend. She was in that class too. Over the next few years she and I became inseparable. She was cute and blonde and so much fun, and I was shy and uncomfortable. I haven't seen her in a few years; we fell out of touch when she moved back here.
It's been years since the three of us were together, but last night was just like old times. We talked incredibly fast, shrieking 'do you remembers' at each other. For a couple of hours, I was the best parts of sixteen again.

No comments: