Sunday, November 07, 2004

Growing up, Thanksgiving was a huge event, the one time of year my family stopped being crazy and owned up to the fact that they really did love each other. My four aunts and uncles, their spouses, ex-spouses, children, and stepchildren would gather in one house along with whatever stray friends without local families they could trick into coming. It was always a holiday I could get behind, because no one was giving or taking anything, or being greedy. They were just there, enjoying one another's company.

So anyway, this year I'm hosting. Eric is coming up from California for a visit, and I find the idea of a Seattle Thanksgiving at least as delightful as a Florida one. I've sent out an evite, and if you didn't get it, chances are I thought you were going out of town. If you'd like to join in, just let me know.

No comments: