Monday, November 24, 2008

Shockingly, I have come out of this weekend with an enhanced version of the cold I started on last week. This is almost certainly a direct result of doing things like coming home at dawn after piling onto a couch like the puppy cam with a bunch of my friends and kissing all manner of people, and I accept full responsibility, because it was awesome. I should probably learn to comport myself with more decorum, but there's time for that later, when there isn't so much fun to be had. After all, it's not like anyone ever looks back on their life and thinks, man, I wish I had had less fun. I could really use some more frown lines.

Honestly, I just can't think of a better way to be spending this section of my life than by drinking champagne at a tables full of people who are funny and passionate and creative. These are the times to enjoy, and sleeping and head colds can wait until later. In the meantime I will be romping harum scarum all over Seattle.

Tonight we're having a pre-Thanksgiving potluck with a bunch of people that I won't see on The Day itself. Because I don't know if you've heard, but Frankenbird Day is this week, and I will spend all of it cooking and cuddling with the dog and watching dance-off movies and laughing and probably playing Rock Band really badly.

This is what I plan to be paying attention to for now. In matters of the heart, I am on hiatus.

No comments: