Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Tonight, internet, was a night of first things.

The most important of these first things is that I was, strangely, recognized as the muppet-headed personality behind this very website. Now, I've been at this for a few years, and although there are many of you out there that I don't know, none of you have ever wandered up at girls night (or, for that matter, anywhere else) and said hello.

I, honestly, had absolutely no idea what to say, having accepted the fact of existing in near-total obscurity. But, seriously? Second coolest thing that's happened to me so far this year.

The other first thing is that I was tricked into agreeing to karaoke for the first time ever, and, bolstered by whiskey, made my debut with "Hit Me With Your Best Shot." I have really got to stop agreeing to do things in the name of adventure, but the benefit of doing such things at a girl party is that the ladies said lots of nice things about my performance afterwards. They were totally lying (stage presence?!) but I appreciated the vote of confidence. It's too bad that, singing, I sound suspiciously like Scuttle from The Little Mermaid, but fortunately the whole thing eventually degenerated into a dance party in front of the stage while people better equipped handled the microphone.

No comments: