Tuesday, October 26, 2004



Thanks to everyone who came over last night and willfully got their hands full of pumpkin goop (and also to those that watched). I have such cool friends.

In attendance: Jeff, Ryan, Mikey, John, Cat, Tara, Steph, and Ryan. (I'm particularly proud of the appearance of those last two, because I've totally adopted them in my usual 'you'll be my friend whether you want to or not' sort of way.) Also briefly around was Cat's friend Jacob, who carved a misshapen pumpkin and left, and who I didn't really learn anything about because I was busy being a bad pumpkin-goop-covered hostess. But I hear he has a hot tub.

It was as much folks and pumpkin as my apartment could handle.

Sometime during the party, John wrote the following on my typewriter:

"The Pumpkin News
IT was a dark and stormy night,
The pumpkins were hung by the chimney with care, in hope that
the gay episcopal bishop soon would be there.
The variety was vast and the carvings would last,
but the pumpkins ablaze had their candle burn fast.

The only thing that is really lacking at this party is a karaoke machine with a plethora of hot 80's hits. I would so like to sind or sing a rousing version of "You spin me right round".

I dont think that I would like to type a vonel onthis thinkg."

(Aside: It would be impossible to recreate the actual typos, so you'll just have to imagine.)

No comments: