Sunday, October 03, 2004



Some of you have listened to me complain about my job for the better part of a year, about the stuffed chickens, the bounced paychecks, and the activities of questionable legality. And so you might be interested to hear that I'll be starting a new job tomorrow morning.
I know this is all quick. I've been interviewing with the company for over a month now, and I had my last interview on Friday. They called a little bit later to offer me the job, and so I up and quit the other one.
I was never cut out to sell things to people, it's just something I've done for the past couple of years to make ends meet. Doing my job has not made me into a better person. It has, in fact, made me into the sort of person that thinks nasty things about folks just because they don't want to spend $300 on a lampshade. It has made me wretchedly unhappy, and I wash my hands of it all.
I feel that this new job will be a step in the right direction, which will be something new and different, since all I've done since I've been here is step backwards, sideways, and around in small circles. It is a job with growth potential, vacations, and lunch breaks. I'll be able to pee whenever I want to.
I hope that there will be no stuffed chickens, but then, a girl can't have everything.

No comments: