Thursday, October 28, 2004

I was on the phone with my brother again yesterday, and we were talking about the election. Ryan's in middle school now, so they're starting to teach him things about the government. He asked me who I'm voting for and I told him Kerry. He said, "I would vote for Ralph Nader."
In the middle of explaining to him that it was a nice sentiment and that I hoped he'd always keep his independent spirit (I know, I'm a sentimental schmuck), there was a commotion. Eric was wrestling the phone away from his brother, and when he achieved this goal he shouted into the phone:
"I want to vote for Ralph Lauren for president!"
And I laughed for at least a day. Because really, I also support no separation between fashion and state.

For Halloween? Ryan is going to be Slash (which is entirely my fault) and Eric is going to be "a creepy dead thing."

Also, it is my duty as the friend of a rockstar to tell you all that her band is having a show next weekend:
NOVEMBER 5th – ALL AGES / BAR WITH ID – STUDIO 7

Where: Studio 7
110 S. Horton St.
Seattle, WA, 98134 (South Seattle)

Time: We go on at 9:00 p.m. so be there a little early

Cover: $7

Other bands: Blood Star Halo (LA), God Machine, Cornerstone

Additional contact info: (206) 286-1312 / www.studioseven.us /
info@studioseven.us

And you're all coming with me so you can just stop arguing right now.

No comments: