Monday, October 05, 2009

The main trouble with all the cooking that I do is that I'm not very good at it. It's a shame, too, because I love food and sharing meals with people, but I have too much respect for the people I like to want to subject them to that.

My trouble is enthusiasm, which counts for nothing in cooking. In itself that's kind of amazing, since following a recipe is just going through with a plan, and I love plans almost as much as I love food. But I get excited about all of the things that would sound delicious in addition to the things already in the recipe, and it always messes things up. I like eating things too much to continue consuming not so hot concoctions simply because throwing them out would be wasteful, so I'm cooking deliberately from now on. Slowing down, paying attention, and strictly following the directions. It'll be good for me.

I'm learning all kinds of things about being deliberate from James Bond. Who knew Sean Connery could teach me so much?

No comments: