Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I have been extremely sick the last couple of days, laid out by rebellion in my own cells. Moving from couch to couch to bed, cocooned and shivering in layers and layers of blankets, unable to swallow anything other than tea.

I have been sick more this winter than any other since I moved here. Our bodies express themselves at their weakest point, and my immune system is definitely always getting picked last for kickball. This winter has definitely been a trial.

But I'm glad to be getting it all out of the way before I leave the country. A few weeks ago I went through my iPod and removed everything done by boys I've been involved with, resolving to not bring any of that with me. And maybe now the same thing is happening with my insides, a cleansing of my insides before vacation. Starting over in as many ways as I can.

No comments: