Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hair and Shoulders have been spending a lot of time together lately, whispering, and Hair and Shoulders together are a nostalgia machine second only to visiting the parking lot where you lost your virginity. Just above coming across a group of giggling thirteen-year-old girls, all shiny hair and flavored waxy lip gloss. Hair and Shoulders don't see much of each other, these past few years, and when they get together it's hard to see anything through this soft haze of wistful and delicate blue. They have a lot to talk about, I suppose, as a lot of air has rushed between them since the last time they met. A lot of molecules have quietly passed by.

I want to apologize, both for what has gone before and what is yet to come.

(PS, Internet, my connection to you at home has been hosed for the better part of the week and will maybe continue to be, you know, missing, for the next few days...so if I'm not answering your emails as quickly as I should be, that's why. Or, if you send them this weekend, it might be because of the post-wedding bachelorette party brokedown extravaganza I'll be attending. And then recovering from.)

No comments: