Wednesday, May 09, 2007



You'll have to forgive me, but I've been terribly busy lately, so busy that I actually fell asleep down at my dock on Monday like a hobo when I tried to take a little while to sit by the water and read. I have spent the last few days primarily hanging out with fellows whose names start with the letter "b," and who knew I even had that many of them around? I might also have held forth again at length on how drummers who wear glasses are approximately twelve times cuter than drummers who don't because of the simple fact that trying to drum and push your glasses up at the same time is adorable. And I'm fairly certain that I declared that I'm going to let other people make all of my romantic decisions from now on, a decision that I think I'm just going to pretend didn't happen. (Pretending that things didn't happen is the new black.) On the other hand, since my decision-making process recently has largely been a shrug and an, "eh, why not?" maybe it's not the worst idea.

I'm hoping to find a few hours soon to finish my damn boat, but what are boats compared to people who want to drive all the way from Yelm just to swap a pony for a postcard from Utah, and then to drink and be funny and charming? Exactly.

I know, I know. You paid for the whole seat, but so far you've only needed the edge. Trust me, it's all very exciting, in a sexy teen movie sort of way. Like any minute now Freddie Prinze, Jr. is going to show up and do a spontaneous but well-choreographed dance number. If that happens, I'll be sure to let you know.

No comments: