Friday, January 06, 2006

You know what I don't ever want to do again? Let people cut open the inside of my mouth.

Apparently, right after I woke up and was sitting in the wheelchair waiting to go down to the car, I started making phone calls to my parents. This appears to have also involved a call to the voicemail at my dad's house, where I hummed happy birthday to my brother. I remember being upset that I hadn't called him before my surgery right before I passed out, so it must have been on my mind.

Also, I seem to have kept asking for crab apples to carry in my hands so that when people asked why my mouth was swollen I could say my cheeks weren't swollen, it's just that my hands were full of crab apples.
What, like you don't make Catch-22 references when you're on sedatives?

Currently, my mouth will not stop bleeding and I'm craving a cheeseburger like nobody's business. Also it hurts, and I'm not allowed another painkiller for at least an hour.

No comments: