Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I am completely freaked out about this whole wisdom teeth thing. People keep telling me it'll be fine and then looking at each other all wink wink nudge nudge, and I have myself convinced that you are all lying. Please come over and pet my poor cut up head like a doped-up kitten.
I actually had a dream last night that I was home from the surgery and sleeping on my life sucking couch until an earthquake came. If there'd been some birds and lawn mowers, and maybe some strangers trying to talk to me, it would have been the worst thing ever.

Yeah, ok, I have a thing about lawn mowers.

For months now someone with an unknown number has been calling my apartment and leaving songs on my voice mail. I realized tonight that together, they'd make a decent playlist. (Little Trouble Girl, Terror Twilight, Science vs Romance, Rosalita, and so on.)

Tomorrow I'll be taking my teeth out for one last show. Chris brought me some butternut-squash-and-pear soup, which he thoughtfully pureed, and the Hoosier crew will be here Sunday afternoon to play Monopoly and try to steal my painkillers.

No comments: