Tuesday, March 29, 2005

My coworkers chased me out of the office this afternoon to go to the doctor, admittedly not with pitchforks and clubs, but close.
When I woke up this morning my right wrist was stiff and a little red, and it hurt like crazy. I tried to break my fall yesterday after my encounter with a moving vehicle, and evidently my scrawny little wrists are not built for bracing all ninety-something pounds of me. So I did the conscientious thing and wrapped it up in an ACE bandage and toddled off to work.
Do you know how embarrassing it is to tell people that you've been hit by a car when you're standing there in front of them not noticeably any less three-dimensional than you were the day before? My office full of moms connipted at me for coming in, for not having gone to the hospital, for not having gotten her insurance information. (They must have forgotten who they were talking to--I'm the girl that told the ambulance to go away when I got in a high-speed head-on collision with a concrete wall because 'there were people who needed them more than me.' Right.) But honestly, I'm pretty much a walking Laurel and Hardy episode, and it'd take a piano being dropped on my head to worry about it that much.
My boss was out today, and as she's the only one I actually have to listen to, I thought I was safe. But my coworkers called her and told on me, so I promised I'd stop by the doctor after work. And I did, because I am a sucker and a rotten liar.
The doctor told me that, indeed, being hit by a car was probably bad for my health and that I should probably find a houseboy to do any heavy lifting until my wrist heals. But I'll be fine, and if I'm lucky should live through the week.

Some of you are familiar with my Dr. Seuss obsession and my ability to quote from his books at inappropriate times. One of my favorites was always "I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew." And me, I'm just plain tired of things going the way they have been. Stuff? Has been sucking. "But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me."
Word.

No comments: