Tuesday, January 13, 2009

All I really want to tell you about is my uncommon grandmother, and how 20 years after the doctors told her she had five left to live we are suddenly moving much too quickly toward actually losing her, but words aren't big enough for a lady like my grandma. My parents were never very good at being parents, so for my whole life my grandparents have been just as vital, and more in some ways. Sometimes it takes a village to raise a samantha, and the terrible thing about time is that it steals everyone important eventually. It is much too soon after losing my granddad to be thinking about this, but the doctors are officially calling end stages. I am suddenly paralyzed by the thought that bad news comes in threes, and I have two grandparents left and both of them barely hanging on.

I had no idea until recently that the last 15 years were stolen ones, but trust my grandma to live three times as long as she should have just because she doesn't like being told what to do. I've been stupidly lucky to have her around for as long as I have, but I would prefer to keep her for as long as possible.

No comments: