Tuesday, July 29, 2008

On Friday night I sat in the window of a bar I used to hang out at, drinking beer and getting high fives from the passing crowd. I think this is how I'd like all of my interactions to be for a little while, just sitting in windows being high fived by strangers, only metaphorically.

It's just that I'm deep under the mean reds right now. Everything that has me thinking is the sort of thing I don't tell the internet, but man, it sucks. I feel like Charlie Brown with the football, and I'm tired of this mean right hook that the universe has, tired of the fact that it doesn't seem to know what the letters TKO mean. I am out, and done, and through. On the way home my usually homicidal personal music player attempted to help out by playing in a row, on its own, "When Sunny Gets Blue" by Nat King Cole and "Scared" by the Tragically Hip, which are my #1 and #2 favorite songs in the history of songs, but I'm still fucking tired of all of this. Still feeling like all I want to do is get in a bar fight.

I'd like to buy some furniture and give the cat a name, you know, only I can't find a real life place that makes me feel like Tiffany's, at least not for more than a moment.

No comments: