Monday, July 07, 2008

The 4th of July is my second favorite holiday, after Thanksgiving. I like the ones where the only requirements are to surround yourself with friends, eat a lot, and start drinking in the afternoon. Those are the things we need to celebrate more often, I think, officially.

As is frequently the case, my balcony turned into a prime fireworks viewpoint, filled with a lot of my very favorite people and a few people that I don't even know. We grilled things, we drank beer, we told a lot of bad jokes and gave more than a few high fives. I think that when I pictured where my life would be now ten years ago it maybe didn't look like this, but it certainly felt like this. Life could possibly be going a little bit better, but it could absolutely be going a whole lot worse.

No comments: