Thursday, April 13, 2006

Image hosting by Photobucket

Unsurprisingly, last night's "quick trip to the bar" turned into "waiting until Jake got off work at midnight so that we could go to a different bar and stay out too late again." To my credit I stuck to two drinks for the whole night, and making new friends is totally worth being sleepy at work.

My mother and her best friend were pregnant at the same time, and ended up having myself and Melissa about a month apart. Today I got a phone call, letting me know that Melissa is getting married next February. I'm thrilled for miss M, of course, but I find this really interesting in a purely anthropological sense. If things keep going at the rate they're currently moving along, I'll shortly be the only single one of my large, extended posse left.
And I just don't know how they do it, my friends, how they manage to sit still long enough to decide any such thing. It's been posited that I've developed a case of lifestyle ADD, and at the very least I do decide every three days to move somewhere else or cut all my hair off or be Scooby Doo. I'm back into my spring-and-summer (ok, and fall-and-winter) schedule of doing things five or six or seven days a week, and making three new friends each time I leave the house.

At some point, I think, there was a memo sent out, and I was probably out somewhere and missed it.

In the meantime, there are things. I'll be having a party next weekend, and between now and then are a couple of shows, three bouts of volunteering (once at the ballet), and possibly an Easter dinner. I don't really celebrate Easter, but I totally celebrate ham, and some of the new friends I've made in the past couple weeks have invited me along to share in the fun.

No comments: