Saturday, February 11, 2006

Walking into the bathroom at the bar last night, I happened upon a girl doing coke. There was little counter space, so instead she had a bar napkin held up to her nose, sniffing the drugs up off a small mound. When I opened the door she looked at me, unconcerned, and asked if I wanted any. Because people in Seattle are very polite.
I said no. I'm not into coke, and even if I was I was on a date and did not need to be any more jittery.
I returned to the table and told the story to the assembled group. The boys in the band vowed to start hanging out outside women's bathrooms.

A few hours later there's a knock at the door. Neither one of us moves to answer it, and soon enough the knocking stops. I consider asking who might be stopping by in the middle of the night, but decide against it because I probably don't want to know.

No comments: