Friday, August 19, 2005

Greetings from China, which is hot and noisy and full of Chinese people!

Actually, due to the required crappy train ride yesterday/last night/this morning, I'm a bit grumpy at China at the moment. I'm tired of sweating and, unsurprisingly, homesick. If anyone has decided that they just can't live without me, now would be the time to confess--I'm in just the sort of mood to be up for that.

But boy, do I have stories to tell you. I've been to Hangzhou and Suzhou, taken a few train rides and one slow boat in China. I have discovered just how much fun it is to tell awful dead baby and brothel jokes at normal volume in a crowded compartment full of people who don't have a clue what you're saying. And lordy, do I have pictures.

I've met two people from Seattle, one of which worked for the same nonprofit I work for.

I'll be back Monday afternoon, and I imagine I'll be holding court at the Zoo Tavern Monday or Tuesday night. Let's all drink beer!

No comments: