Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The earthworms are back out, which means that during my walks to and from work I have to split my attention between the usual staring at the sky and watching my feet. And you know what those earthworms mean, right? They mean that spring is coming.

On Sunday morning I'm leaving for a conference in Nashville, with a two-day stopover afterwards in North Carolina to visit my family. That part of the trip will involve a lot of people that aren't me arguing with each other, and not nearly enough drinking.

I feel a little better today, a little less like I've been hit by a truck full of sore throats and yuck. I want desperately for the weather to cooperate so that I can wear my swirly blue skirt, but it insists on being windy and sometimes made of hail. It will almost certainly snow next week, since I'll be gone.

No comments: