Thursday, June 19, 2008

I know that I have been standing very still lately, but I am in the middle of the beginning of something that I didn't think would ever start, and I am afraid to move too quickly. I am remembering as hard as I can, letting seconds sift on to my shoulders like dandelion fluff, scared to turn lest everything sift off of my skin and to the ground. There's too much that I don't want to forget because the next steps are all so uncertain. I am off-balance and frightened and thrilled, and trying hard to keep myself planted in this right now. Over-planning and -thinking will be the death of me someday, unless the end of the world happens first.

I am getting myself into trouble, but then, getting into trouble is what I am best at. This summer is going to be fun.

No comments: