Saturday, February 02, 2008

On Thursday night TMS showed up at my front door with a slumber party in a bag--ice cream, potato chips and dip, fashion magazines, High School Musical. And then we had a pillow fight. TMS, clearly, believes that we are twelve year old girls. Before we went to sleep he spritzed himself with an extra shot of cologne, to make sure that my pillows smelled of someone friendly.

Last night I went to a birthday party for a teacup poodle. For months we've been talking about pitting two sets of cute brothers that we know against each other in a cute brother-off, and last night both sets of brothers wrote a song about Charlie for his birthday. Having a brother-off was the most brilliant idea anyone has had in months, and I think I actually pulled something laughing. When you add in the dogs wandering all over the party, I think it's pretty safe to say that one of the best parties of the year has already happened. And that life, inevitably, incrementally, gets better.

No comments: