Monday, February 18, 2008



Hey look, internet, I done went and made myself a dress. It's not a perfectly made dress, by any means, but it's not too shabby considering half of the pattern instructions sounded like gibberish.

I have to say, I find this sewing thing very satisfying. It has long been really frustrating for me that the country is getting fat much faster than I am, and so as a result vanity sizing is taking away a lot of the clothes that once would have fit. I doubt that I'll ever make all of my clothes, but having the option to make what I can't find is pretty excellent. It's also ultimately cheaper--materials for this dress ran around $25--and I know for sure that it wasn't constructed by small Indonesian children, being that I'm from Florida and all.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with myself, internet.

No comments: