Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Dear 2008,

When you showed up last night I was taking turns kissing the cutest people in the room, and if that is how you plan to roll I would like to register my vote in favor right now. The evening eventually degenerated spectacularly into playing bartender, giving drinks for jokes, telling the dirtiest joke I know to a bunch of strangers and winning their hearts, making out, and, of course, falling down. I spent most of today recovering with my friends, eating too many things covered in gravy, laughing, and drinking mimosas.

I can't imagine a better way to start off the new year.

I believe in new years, and in clean slates, and in pretending that buying a new calendar is an excuse for brushing off the past twelve months and starting over again. I believe that amazing things are going to happen this year.

I'm not a big one for resolutions, but there are a few things I want to do. I want to be kissing people in more photo booth pictures. I want to decide if I'm going to go back to school, and take steps to make it happen if I can. I want big adventure and big love, I want it to rain, I want monkeys and flowers and robots and squids and whales and giraffes and dinosaurs. I want to learn how to loosen my grip on the things I can't control.

And as always, I want to learn to be brave enough to be bold, and to deserve all the love and attention that I get.

So, 2008, I think that you are going to be a big big year. I think you are going to be my year.

love,
me

No comments: