Monday, September 03, 2007

Today is my birthday! Since midnight east coast time--which is, after all, the Timezone of My People, since I was born two weeks late and backwards in Jacksonville, Florida, to a Floridian and a transplanted New Yorker--there have been: a handful of dirty drunken east coast text messages, a phone call and an email from a cute boy, a birthday whiskey with some really fantastic people, a poignant Amy Grant moment on the sidewalk between us and a stranger, a whole lot of high fives, a few other emails from equally splendid and adorable people, and a handful of myspaces.

I'm pretty much overcome with fondness already, is what I'm saying, and it's only morning. Everyone, I like you so much too. I will see you at Linda's tomorrow.

Dear samantha,

Try not to screw this one up quite so badly, huh?

love,
you

No comments: