Sunday, September 30, 2007

Dear everyone,

I'd like to keep September in a little box. September was all birthday parties and telling secrets, funny jokes and adventures, delicious food and cute company and a glint of silver in the beam of a flashlight. I wore a lot of green and did a lot of laughing. It's my favorite so far this year.

Florida is hard. Family is more important to me than it perhaps should be, and it's tough to split my time here between my disintegrating grandparents and the splintered rest of my family. I have a bad habit of feeling guilty for things that are not my fault, and the fact that my relatives have become distant and crazy definitely falls under that category. I miss my life, and I'll be so glad to head home tomorrow.

But if the fall keeps up the way it started, we're going to have a great time. I'm going to be making clouds and ribbons and happy bunnies out of whatever is handy, wearing scarves and a green jacket and making soup. Right now is the next big thing, I just never noticed.

love,
me

No comments: