Friday, April 13, 2007

I have perhaps been spending a little too much time sitting on the dock in the coldly falling mist, looking for the moment when everything softens in the rain. A little too much time completely believing everything everyone tells me, just for fun; too much time thinking about fingerprints and freckles. Too much time doing everything because I can't quite figure out what I actually want to be doing.

I am in a rut, I think. On the other side of that, however, is the fact that the first song my usually homicidal portable music device played this morning was "Yellow Taxi" by Tra la la and it was so exactly perfect that I'm not sure I'll ever need to listen to any other song ever again. And I spent a relatively significant portion of last night thumb wrestling. So there's that, too.

Utah, I am coming to your house in just over a week. Let's become Mormons and get married and wear funny underpants and learn to ski.

No comments: