Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I have decided against being cranky for at least the next few days, because it is so very spring outside and spring is for sass, and it's tough to be sullen and sassy at once. (I do so appreciate the opportunity to abuse alliteration in my everyday life.) Which just means that I'll swing the other way and sass you all into unconsciousness but, well, at least I warned you.

My dinner plans for the evening fell through, so I wandered up to the U district to see Sean Wilsey read. I always feel like such an imposter in the U district, which is irrational I know, but I've never really stopped being embarrassed by that grad school thing. But then on the bus home I ended up next to a drunken college boy sloppily consuming a gyro, and remembered why it's just fine that I don't spend a whole lot of time up there. I wasn't a huge fan of college boys while I was in college--Pete was in his mid-20's when I met him--and I really have no time for them now.

There's a secret somewhere in an act of a few years ago, in the fact that you left town with me on your mind. I'm not sure what the secret is, exactly, but I am sure that I'd like to know.

No comments: