Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Do you know that all of my roads look like car commercials, and that there are piles and piles of leaves that I can't just walk through for all the kicking and capering that needs to be done? And that I want to take those leaves and make them into big fluffy origami bunnies and give them to you because I like you so much?

Every time I've been out for the last few weeks I've stayed out hours later than I had intended, occasionally until the closing of restaurants and bars, because the people I know are so funny and smart and amazing. I want to learn how to make cheese danishes and give them to you, because cookies just don't feel like enough.

In the middle of the Math and Physics Club song, "You're So Good to Me" he pauses and sighs a little, as though he simply can't believe just how good she is to him. I love that, and I play it over and over and wave at complete strangers.

I still haven't gotten my strainer down. Maybe I should stand on the counter.

Tomorrow will be dancing at Neighbors for what may be the last time before Cat goes to Kenya, and everyone in town should be there, and yes, Adam, I'm looking right at you. In the meantime, I will be doing cartwheels or making zucchini bread or knitting mittens. Just in case you were wondering.

No comments: