Friday, May 13, 2011

From what I understand about resonance, everything has a natural frequency at which it vibrates. Elephants and wizards and whatever else too, buzzing along all on its own. And somehow sometimes that thing might be moving through space and hit the same speed as its own, becoming incredibly flexible and then flying to pieces. They say that resonance is how our clocks keep time and so forth, but it seems to me like someone should have mentioned the dangers. With so many other possible ways to disintegrate, we might as well have some warning about the ones we can predict.

Essentially, what I understand about resonance is nothing. But if science is willing to admit the possibility of resonance disaster, I'm pretty sure I should be too. Catastrophic failure has a certain kind of ring to it.

No comments: