Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Several things have gone so out of control lately that I've quit trying to steer and am instead just sitting back and watching, like this is a mildly entertaining tv show rather than my life. And in an effort to find a distraction that I won't have to wake up to in the morning (what? At the very least, I know my habits) I hooked the Super Nintendo back up. Bowser, your ass is mine. Again.

I have somehow managed to let myself be talked into going camping this weekend (barring further poor developments with my grandma, who is now in the process of recovering from pneumonia, which is not what she was hospitalized for originally), unless someone knocks some sense and perhaps a backbone into me. I haven't ever been camping before, so if you don't hear from me again after Thursday it's because I've been eaten by bears or have in some other way fallen into a bad teen movie. According to one of the boys, we'll have everything we need: food, alcohol, and radish guns. I think I need to hang out with the ladies more often--we go to gay bars, not the woods.
But it's something I haven't done before, and it's in the name of adventure, and we all know that I'll do all sorts of stupid things in the name of adventure.

No comments: