Tuesday, June 08, 2004

I have a weakness for matrix logic puzzles (although usually the grown up ones). It started in my fifth grade gifted class, which was the year that they decided we needed to focus all of our attention on logic and math. Over the years I've forgotten and remembered how much I enjoy them, and today I remembered. I bought a magazine of them to entertain myself at work and on the airplanes, and I took a crack at a few today.
The problem is that occasionally I just can't get them, and I flash back to fifth grade when I sheepishly take a peek at the answers in the back of the book. Logically, I should just give them up if I can't figure it out, right? But I'm tortured by the thought of someone else looking at it and wondering how I could be such a dunce to not get it right. And so I peek, and feel guilty and illogical.
Just like fifth grade.

No comments: