Sunday, April 25, 2004

My $1.07 kite from Rite Aid is timid about flying. It's shaped like a whale, and I think this has something to do with it; whales, after all, don't fly. This is also likely due to user error. I've never really flown a kite before, and am not quite sure how it works exactly.

We were down (over? both?) at Alki today. I'd only ever driven past it before. Walking on the sand was a new experience for me. Beaches out here are different; the sand is brown and coarse, and there are sea anemones everywhere when the tide goes out. I'd seen sea anemones in the tide pools when we went to the ocean last October, but that was really my only exposure to them. This time, sitting next to them on the sand, I poked at them. It probably wasn't a nice thing to do, but I did it. I wanted to see what would happen.

Further, there was a road sign on the rocks. It said something about a one way street ahead, and it made me giggle like these things are wont to do. Nothing like a misplaced road sign to get a laugh out of me.

It was astonishingly lovely out today. I really love this place. But you don't get to see any of that, because I forgot to bring my camera along with me. I checked when we were leaving and the case was in my purse, sure enough. It's just that the camera wasn't in the case. It was on my desk. So instead, I have for you the sunflower that Jeff brought me yesterday. I hope it will suffice.

No comments: