Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Hey there, 2012. I see you've decided to start off in the exact opposite way of 2011. I support this move, although I am still somewhat suspicious of your motives.

I was at a party full of almost all of my favorite people when you arrived, wearing a dress made entirely of sequins, kissing someone who is very distinctly not a gay man. I have subsequently spent most of our time together lounging, kissing, and laughing, which we all know are three of my very favorite things to do. If you keep up like this, 2012, we're going to get along just fine. I'm just going to go ahead now and decide that you are going to be awesome, full of high fives and new babies and parties and whiskey and adventures and friends. Deal?

More to the point, I guess, is the plan to keep in mind this favorite line of E. E. Cummings: "Miracles are to come. With you I leave a remembrance of miracles: they are somebody who can love and who shall be continually reborn, a human being; somebody who said to those near him,when his fingers would not hold a brush "tie it to my hand."

True love and high adventure, right, 2012? It's the only way forward that we know.

love,
me

No comments: