Tuesday, July 26, 2011

On Sunday I walked from my house to a party. (Resolved: This summer's drink is Thug Passion. See also: Tupac, although we've amended his recipe to one part Alize to three parts champagne.) The early afternoon was already warmer than I was comfortable with, so I meandered an extra half of a flat block rather than going straight up all of the hills and found, to my surprise, an elaborate hillside garden. Just sitting there all this time, only a little off to the side of my usual route. Riotous with color.

I tried to explain when I made it to the party, but there isn't really a way to talk about how you were just shooting through space as usual until you found yourself stopped dead by something beautiful hidden in plain sight again. Plain sight is where all the best things are hidden.

No comments: