Saturday, January 01, 2011

Hey there, 2011.

I'm not sure we knew exactly when you showed up last night, but we counted down in the corner booth at my favorite bar anyway and cheered and kissed. Later, we ended up at a party in a furnitureless apartment covered in paper where people were inexplicably punching phone books, my sequined dress somehow drenched in cheap champagne. A poor life choice or two later I rode home in a cab just before dawn. So far I have spent the majority of you here in my bed with my new laptop, watching movies and listening to the comings and goings of my neighbors.

2011, I'm expecting a lot from you. There are a lot of weddings coming up, a lot of adventures, my final year of grad school. True love and high adventure, right? I'm up for it if you are.

heart,
me

No comments: