Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Dear everyone,

Happy Halloween! For the second year in a row I am sick on Halloween, and that's alright; I don't ever want to be anything but a hyacinth girl on Halloween. Or, for that matter, ever. We are each our own ghosts.

I've been cooped up for the last couple of days, trying not to spread more germs than I have to, and it makes me restless. At the beginning of the summer I made a pact with some people, like in a 1980's summer camp movie, to take full control of the summer, to not get to this point of the year wondering what happened to summer 2007. And as a result, the last few months have been full of amazing days and nights, of adventures and champagne and frantic crazy talk. The last few months have been the greatest yet.

When I moved to Seattle I was sad to leave behind a group of people that I felt myself around, people that I could show my edges to without any judging. But I've found that in Seattle now, too, and am more prepared for it. I don't know what I'm going to do next, but whatever it is, it will be great. That's the only option.

In fall I always fall into a self-esteem rut, because it is cold and so I wear the same things all the time. They're just as cold as everything else I own, though, so for November I've resolved to do two things: wear my glasses in public more, and contribute to wardrobe remix a few times a week. I'd like to avoid the usual bottoming out, and ruining all of this momentum.

Especially since my favorite holiday is coming up, and should be celebrated in an expanded version this year, and I am excited. Excited to make things and to be things and to watch you turn into whatever you're going to be next, too. If we are all our own ghosts, then we should make our hauntings worthwhile.

love,
me

No comments: