Friday, February 09, 2007

Mixed in with a mostly complimentary email one of you sent me yesterday, trying to explain why I'm so restless and impatient and just generally a pain in the ass, was this little gem: "Your name of samantha also means that you cannot find peace of mind or lasting contentment in anything you do. As soon as a challenge is met, boredom sets in, and you yearn for another experience. This restlessness makes it difficult for you to assume responsibility and to establish stable, progressive conditions in your life."

Ouch, man. Also, all of my pinball tables will always be tilted.

One of my habits when I'm traveling is to buy postcards, write things on them and address them to myself, stamp them, and then put them back in the rack. Often people will find them weeks or months later and toss them in a postbox, and I'll get a nice little reminder of my trip. One from my Boston trip came today, and what it says is, "Today you were walking to Bunker Hill and found a little bouquet sitting on a stone wall. A note underneath it said 'Thank You' in loopy handwriting. You left it there and then met a nice Frenchman on the other side of the bridge."

No comments: