Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I'm planning a trip to Nicaragua in the summer, for some language immersion and policy research, and I'm preparing for it in the usual way. For no logical reason going to Central America is more intimidating than Italy or China were, and obviously my natural instincts for planning go a little bit out of control in the face of that much uncertainty. (It's especially ridiculous given that I'll actually only have a couple of unplanned days anyway.) Still, it's nice to be planning something again, since weekend jaunts don't really count, especially when none of them involve sharks and rhinoceros beetles.

Apparently Nicaraguans love a colloquialism as much as I do, so a friend has been trying to teach me some common ones. My favorite is about how there's more time than life. I think Nicaragua and I are going to get along just fine.

No comments: