Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Bumbershoot weekend is hard on my knees and feet and shoulders, but it's worth it. There's something physical in hauling myself at top speed back and forth across Seattle Center for three days, watching people play instruments, taking photos for three songs and running somewhere else to do it again, that is missing from most of my days. (Which is for the best, since I am poorly put together and would likely disintegrate after more than three days of hard labor.) My shoes are covered in mud and I can't straighten my left leg, but man, did I ever see some good music.

At one point yesterday I limped into a giant empty room early for the next set. The band was still doing their soundcheck, and there were only a handful of us standing in that room full of echoes and reverb and guitar, and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

Now, I just need someone to carry me around until my knee heals.

(PS, the Bumberphotos are here.)

No comments: