Thursday, July 09, 2009

I am slowly moving into a rhythm with school, figuring out how to work time for reading into my already busy schedule. I've got a routine down that involves going to the coffee shop for the first round of reading and then to the bar for the second, because getting within three feet of my couch means naptime. Mostly, I just have to keep reminding myself that the time I am spending studying I would otherwise generally be spending wasting time in my apartment, so it's actually not using up a whole lot of valuable minutes.

This will all change once I am taking two classes instead of just one, I guarantee.

When I was an undergrad I was working nearly full time as well, in a physically demanding retail job, and on top of my more than full time schedule of classes holding up a long distance relationship. (And staying up until 3 watching my friends play the guitar and light things on fire, because college.) I was a lot less exhausted then than I am now, which is really just a long-winded way of saying, oh, aging.

Mostly it's just nice to feel engaged with something again, to be using the thinking parts of my brain instead of the feeling ones. I'm exhausted, but pretty happy. We're writing some stories to base our movie off of, parts of which I might post here, and I'm also going to maybe make a book with a drawing sort of friend of all the things I imagine against my will. Finally, life is starting to move again at the speed I have been waiting for.

No comments: